GeneSifter - Analysis Edition (GSAE) System Requirements
GSAE will run on almost any computer/OS (Windows, OSX, Linux, Android)
capable of running a modern web browser!
|Browser Support - Tier 1
NOTE: FireFox is our recommended browser when
possible. It is also required for some beta features such as
the interactive volcano and scatter plots.
- Mozilla FireFox 38.1.0esr or FireFox 39.0
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Google Chrome 22.0+
|Browser Support - Tier 2
- JAVA - Java 1.5 or greater is recommended, and is a requirement for
Next Gen data file upload. To test if you have java installed
and enabled in your web browser go here
- POP-UPS - Make sure to allow pop-ups (which are minimal) for the
- FLASH - Some pages may require flash. You can test to see if flash
is enabled in your browser here
- PORTS - For the fastest and most robust Next Gen data file
upload experience make sure you are able to communicate with
"filecatalyst.genesifter.net" on ports 8000-8099 using the UDP
protocol whenever possible. Your institution's IT department should be able to
verify this for you if you are unsure.