PerkinElmer Informatics Announces winner of 75th Anniversary
We invited our ChemDraw and ChemBioOffice community to design a T-Shirt with a chemical structure or biological entity,
created with ChemBioDraw. Rey Johnino Carinugan's Oxytocin design beat out nearly 150 other entries into our contest.
Read about the contest »
See the winning design »
Celebrating 75 Years of Making Life Better!
April 19, 2012 marks PerkinElmer's 75th anniversary as a brand (since the founding of Perkin-Elmer in 1937).
Beginning on April 19th, we will begin celebrating this milestone under the theme of "Celebrating 75 Years of Making Life Better."
Read more about PerkinElmer's 75th on perkinelmer.com »
Did You Know?
- PerkinElmer coined the term LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) in 1979
- In 1986 ChemDraw v1 was released. Chemists leapt at the chance to use the software instead of hand-drawing structures.
- Today over 1M scientists worldwide use ChemBioDraw as their drawing, analysis and query tool.
- PerkinElmer is a global leader in first trimester pre-natal screening and neonatal screening, with technologies that help save the lives of over 50 babies every day.
- Through its digital x-ray imaging systems, PerkinElmer delivers technologies to help touch the lives of over 1 million people a year through cancer screening.
- PerkinElmer currently provides over two million scientists worldwide with our electronic laboratory notebook and software.
- In 2011, PerkinElmer instruments have helped to analyze almost two billion environmental samples.
- PerkinElmer instruments are used to test approximately a half billion toys every year.
- A Perkin-Elmer mass spectrometer arrived on Mars in 1976 with NASA's Viking lander.