Ensemble for Formulations provides formulation scientists with an integrated suite
of applications that is focused on the specific needs and challenges of formulation
Meeting Formulations Scientists' Informatics Needs
Without an integrated informatics solution, formulation scientists can face a number
of significant challenges:
- Setting up and recording experiments to create and test formulations can be complex
and time consuming.
- In order to work most efficiently, formulators need to have ready access to information
on the ingredients and excipients they plan to use, in a system that understands
their workflows and particular units and calculations
- Formulations may be created in a multiple step process using components which themselves
may be multi-component formulations - recording and tracking this data can be complex
and cumbersome with simple spreadsheet tools.
- Formulation scientists vary the compositions of formulations to enhance properties
and need tools to set up and manage multiple formulations in a single experiment.
Ensemble for Formulations meets these challenges by providing formulation scientists
with the tools they need to efficiently set up, record, analyze, share and securely
archive their formulation experiments. The result is enhanced productivity, increased
accuracy and creation of a secure and searchable archive that can be used to streamline
Informatics Solutions for Formulations Scientists
The applications that comprise Ensemble for Formulations are specifically geared
to formulation workflows. Detailed workflow support, specialized calculations and
units, analysis, reporting, and general Electronic Laboratory Notebook capabilities
deliver dramatic productivity and compliance benefits.
Enabling Better Formulations Science
These applications enable formulation scientists in pharmaceutics, chemicals, flavor
and fragrances, food and beverage and other industries to:
- Set up formulation experiments, including accessing information on ingredients and
excipients and dealing with specific workflows, calculations and units.
- Record the results of formulation experiments, including multiple formulations in
a single experiment and securely archive them.
- Analyze, visualize, report and share the results of experiments with integrated
data pivot and graphing tools.
Ensemble for Formulations enables formulation scientists to more efficiently record
experiments, organize information, and quickly analyze results within the E-Notebook
framework, ensuring that requirements for intellectual property protection and 21
CFR Part 11 compliance are satisfied.